Friday, January 20, 2012

Annie's Hair...the Real Story

If you've read my blog before, you may have seen references to Annie's hair and comparisons to other "characters" with similar hair (here, here, and here). I decided to give you a better idea of what Annie's hair is like and my perspective on it. So here goes.

Annie's hair is thin and wispy, and it is constantly tangled. The movie, Tangled, really ought to be about her...except the plot would be totally different but she definitely would use a frying pan as a weapon (because her amazing mother once used a frying pan to kill an animal, but that's for another blog post). I mean, when you and I sleep on a pillow, I guess we subconsciously know that if we rub our head around with abandon, there will be consequences...but not Annie. Here was literally her hair at breakfast last week (I did nothing to enhance it):
Kind of reminds you of this:
But maybe it means she's going to be a genius, like her slightly older male twin:
She and I both aren't fussy about getting all dolled up...I thought I would be with her, but I'm learning that I'm not. It is so much work to get her to sit still and not cry/whine/scream/pout when I try to comb her hair.

There's a little gang of girls at church who all were born within a few weeks of each other. One has hair like this:
The twins' hair looks fine like Annies, but much more manageable, it seems:
And then there are these girls, whose hair is the envy of all the mothers in Sunday School:
(And they always look as flower-y and darling and well-groomed, it puts me to shame!)

Annie's style is just a little more like this:


One of Annie's problems is the way she sleeps, another is the way she plays. This is literally the 3rd time she has done this to herself (the first time it was done TO her by her pesky brothers and I felt so bad for her and scolded them and then she turned around and did it to herself without batting an eyelash).

She doesn't even cry, just kind of shrugs her shoulders and yet she cries the minute I pull out the comb and the no-more-tangles-supposedly spray.


The other day, I took some really cute pictures of her that a lot of people have seemed to like:



Is it because she's wearing a hat??? No, I don't think so.
I actually think it's her personality coming through. And you know what? I hope her personality stays as quirky and spunky, even if her hair never gets thick and flow-y. I think it adds to her charm.

Even though I've compared her to a gremlin and a scary albino who lives in a pit of despair, I really think she is starting to remind me of one of my favorite childhood characters: Pippi Longstocking.

(I may have even wanted to be her when I was young)



But I do need to teach her to be a lady and to be able to make herself presentable, which I guess could start if I took her to a proper salon instead of chasing her around after a bath with a pair of craft scissors.

Though, I was looking at pictures of possible haircuts for myself and found one that looked very familiar. And I liked it! :)

4 comments:

  1. Love her hair! Isn't is wild to have girl hair to caree for after two boys? Audrey has her hair right in her eyes most days ... I just forget to do anything with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, of course, think Annie's darling- but I have to admit, Bryan and I were rolling when we looked at her pics! Poor kiddo! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids share in the same issue as Annie. I don't know what to do to make them presentable. I am sure it will grow in normal one day. Just thankful for detangler spray. Annie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI-LARIOUS!!!!!! I was laughing so hard at this one!!! You are so funny, and Annie just seems like one fantastic kid. Once again, wishing I was your neighbor... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.