Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Big Reveal(s)

I am NOT pregnant.

(I just thought I would get that one out of the way so you wouldn't be wondering about it in the back of your mind as you read this post.)

But there have been some changes lately, so here is a report...and some other reasons why I've been too busy to write on my blog very much.

--We got a new car. It's not new, it's actually pretty old, but my husband assures me that it is running great and was a good deal even though he bought it in the dark without me and it didn't have head rests. Here it is:

--Jeremy and I have been working really hard on remodeling/redecorating the church's decrepit old former nursery house. We turned it into a beach-inspired youth room and we've been watching Gospel Journey Maui in there on Wednesday nights with the youth group. We've had a little help from friends but I have spent a lot of time obsessing over it and working way too hard on it late at night and on a lot of days, too. Here are the BEFORE pictures:
(I had to put this one in...the kid with the block in his mouth just makes me laugh)

It was in pretty bad shape. Here's my inspiration (youth group trip to Mexico):

Here's what happened when I went to Home Depot by myself:

And here's the Big Reveal (you can scroll through fast, I won't be offended):



The Second-to-Last Big Reveal is that I got my hair cut. I went in asking for this:

And came out feeling like I look like this:I would post a real picture, but I am struggling with vanity because in my mind, I wanted to look like her:But in reality, I'm feelin' a little more like her:
And the last Big Reveal is that we are moving to Southern California this summer. Yup. More on that later.

And I guess I'll reluctantly show the dorky picture of me with my new haircut...
There, I did it.

5 comments:

  1. CA?! I'll hold on for the next post, I guess! The nursery looks great- I especially like the scuba diver holding the "don't flush anything down the toilet" sign. Good job! And I think your hair's cute. The end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, LOVE all the youth room remodel pics! You did such a totally amazing job! Surfboards & buoys & hanging grass & cool lights - you've got it all - those are lucky students who get to hang out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First what kind of car is.it and does it replace your van or Jer.s car? I love all the hairdo pics. Made me laugh. Bet u look cuter than u think. Love u. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Aimee. And you always look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm praying for that move, specifically close to me. :-) There are so many emotions with moving, I SO know that, so I am praying that God will give you sweet peace and an excitement for the future He is reveling to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.