Friday, August 3, 2012

Here's How They Became Beach Boys (and Girl)













Yes, that's my son, surfing.





This is the same 7-year-old who won't let me get more than 3 feet away at a department store taking his brother out past the breakers to practice body boarding

We took them to our favorite beach spot in Carlsbad...it's called Warm Waters by the locals because the water is warmed by the nearby power plant...don't worry, it's perfectly safe and quite comfortable.
Samuel got to go swimming with my sister (the fearless open-ocean-water-swimming-with-sharks-and-jellyfish-swimmer sister) in La Jolla Cove.  I think she got him hooked.  Next thing I know, he'll be swimming to Catalina Island with her.
"Yeah!"  (polite clapping).  The end!

2 comments:

  1. Look what California is doing to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've driven by that plant but didn't know warm water existed in CA - good to know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.