Friday, November 9, 2012

Some Things That Have Happened

The kids started school...at the same school I went to for my whole elementary school career. They even took a picture in front of the same wall I did as a kindergartner (when my sister was in 3rd grade and we had awesome hair).
He's happy about it, I promise!

I had a birthday. I turned 35. I feel middle-aged. I have wrinkles and age spots, but I also have friends that I have known since I was a kid and we are closer than ever, so I'm not going to complain too much!

My kids made some new friends...



Annie has a new best friend...

I didn't get a job at Disneyland. Therefore, we did not get free passes to Disneyland. But, we got to go to the local zoo and some Children's museums, so life's not too bad :)

We got to go to an Angel's baseball game for free...well, Jeremy and I had to give blood to get the tickets.  I mean, I would love to say that we were motivated to give for altruistic purposes, but it's just not true.  We did it purely to get the tickets.



We moved down to much better seats during the 7th inning stretch.
Jeremy's parents visited...

And Annie learned the perks of being the only child at home while her brothers are at school.
Annie also learned to do this:
 
And Sam is allowed to cross the street by himself or with his favorite little girl from time to time.

We've had fun exploring the OC and LA (and Jeremy finally admits that they are two different places).  We went somewhere that I had never even been before...because we thought he might have a chance at a job with views like this...but alas, it didn't work out. Boo.


And finally, I got a job at Kohl's, which is not deserving of a picture but is deserving of being mentioned in a post about "some things that have happened."  So there you have it!






1 comment:

  1. I love your new picture, its fitting with your title and theme. I'm happy to hear that you are all doing well and finding all the joys in every moment despite the ups and downs of life. Looking upward and walking forward and holding to the joyous moments....that is all any of us can do :)
    I miss you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.