Monday, March 31, 2014

Sam's BMX party

We had Sam's 9th birthday at a local BMX track.  It was a really fun day!  I will let the pictures tell the story, or you can visit his blog at samueltodd.blogspot.com to hear about it in his own words.
I'm still kicking myself for not snapping a photo with him and the sign.  I didn't really get too many good pictures of him because there was so much going on, and I was busy riding!  I hope he has an okay rest of his childhood without proper picture documentation of his 9th birthday.

The one good action shot we got of him.  He loved the track!

So did Evan.



And so did this little champ...she was one of the best ones out there!  Even better than a certain aunt of hers who can land a 737 but found this to be "terrifying".  :)




Here are some race play-by-plays:
The starting gate...you just kind of line up whoever is there and ready to go and yell up to the one track supervisor  who is half-asleep/texting.  It was nice to not be micro-managed.

And they're off!  You'd think my husband would let the little kids get ahead at least at the beginning...or even give the birthday boy a head start...

Not a chance!


(And he's proud of it, too!)  :)



Next line-up...

Lookin' good...

Awesome sauce...

Oh Snap!  Don't worry, he's okay.



Annie and I in our own race...I had to keep telling myself "If she can do it, if she can do it"


Am I sick that I get competitive even against a 4-year-old on a pink bike?

She was like the Energizer Bunny, she just kept going and going...

It's not an apron.  It's a power skirt.  Actually, I just made that up.  I was just trying to keep from having to suck my stomach in all day, really.  That's why I wore it.  It was strategic.



Kendra and her boyfriend, Paul, came up from San Diego to ride!




We let anyone who wanted to ride join in.  Lots of the parents did!  These are our neighbors, Julie and Steve.



"Trophies" (and "dirt")...I don't think the kids noticed...they just scarfed them down.
(That's my girl)


I think he liked it (the whole party, I mean!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.