Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Family Fun and Medical Maladies

Okay, that is totally the cheesiest title for a blog post ever, but once I wrote it and looked at it in horror, I just couldn't erase it. So there is how the dorky mind of Kaci works--finding small pleasure in alliterations and puns and corny jokes (but just my own, I think other people's are...well..dorky). My college roommates (pictured in a previous blog) visited my middle school classroom when I was a teacher and I was saying that I didn't have my "thing" that made me a memorable teacher (like a crazy wooden platypus for a hall pass or a weird ritual to do before tests) and then they heard me laugh at my own puns in front of my class and assured me that I had my "thing."

We went to Phoenix this weekend and stayed at a hotel with Jeremy's parents and brother to celebrate Evan's birthday. The hotel was not a resort like it had been rumored to be, but definitely was cute in a kitschy sort of way. The gang of "regulars" that were poolside when we first got there were a little sketchy, but we enjoyed the pool, spa, and down comforters. And, of course, it had the standard hotel air conditioning controls--freezing cold or stuffy sauna being the only 2 choices of settings. I had a rough night of Evan waking every hour or so and having to pee 17 million times (I think the change in elevation made me retain water) but that is bordering on too much information (but half of the title of this post is "Medical Maladies" so it fits, okay?). On Monday, I visited my friend in the NICU at Phoenix Children's and was able to see her baby, Leah (so cute) and hear how things are going. It was emotional for me to just be there for an hour and a half, I can't imagine what it's like for the family to be living it. Pray for them more if you think of it!

After that, we went to Makutu's Island--which is a indoor playground thing in Phoenix with slides and tunnels and cargo nets and a zipline.


After fun times in Phoenix, I had to take the boys to Evan's doctor's appointment (2 year well-child visit...which is ironic because every time I actually take my children to their "well-child" checkups, they end up leaving with a prescription for antibiotics--Evan has ear infections in both ears, which would explain the inconsolable crying on the way down to Phx and back up to Flag and the night wakings) and then Sam's dentist appointment (an hour wait in the waiting room and then found out he had at least 6 cavities). So we were back again today for him to get them filled--I was nervous but he was happy as a lark. I couldn't be in the room with him because of the laughing gas and pregnancy, but I could hear him chattering away and wondered what sort of crazy things he was saying while under the influence. Everyone in the office fell in love with him and they took care of all of his cavities because he was so good, so we don't have to go back again like they thought--yeah! Here's a picture of him with his funny mouth.
(Notice further proof of me teaching them at a young age that chocolate makes everything feel better.) Now it's off to bed for me where I will lay awake despite being desperately tired, thinking of middle names for the baby like "banana" and "eunice" and doing weird math calculations to try to make the next 7 weeks seem to go by faster.

1 comment:

  1. I guess they took the liberty to call it a "resort" because it had a fridge, microwave and "safe" not to mention 2 terrycloth robes I found folded up on top of the safe. Whippee Yippee. Well at least it was close to the pool and clean. I think the boys had a good time swimming. We loved watching them splash and play in the water.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.