Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Events and Comments About Sweets

Last week, I really got a "hankerin'" (I just wanted to write that) to have some friends over. After multiple unreturned phone calls or polite declines, I tried not to get my feelings hurt. I regrouped and tried again for Tues.--and then had quite a houseful of guests! The snag in the night's plans came when even John Coe came inside saying that his toes were cold--I had planned to eat outside, have a fire, play ping pong, and just let the kids run around in the yard. Instead, we had 10 kids and 8 adults trying to eat simultaneously inside and I think every toy out on the floor by the end of the night. But, I had fun hostessing, and my guests seemed to enjoy themselves. We had Chicken-Stacky-Uppy, a Kaufman family tradition.



Wed., I took the boys to the teddy bear picnic downtown and Sam got a dinosaur painted on his face.
Sam was still reluctant to approach the person dressed in the teddy bear costume, but Evan went right up to him/her. I had another hankerin'--this time for ice cream--but Samuel disobeyed and so I said no ice cream, but I really wanted some. So, I took the kids for a long drive...to see a gold-mining submarine in Baderville (but that's a different story) and waited till they fell asleep in the car, and then quietly went through the Dairy Queen drive-thru. I truly glared at the flamboyant 18-year-old worker who handed me my blizzard (upside down, of course) and exclaimed "Have a nice day!" I didn't want anyone waking up and asking for a bite.

Today, the boys and I went to Beaver Creek with some MOPS friends. I had one picture with me in it, but it had to be deleted because the lighting, angle, swimsuit, body, etc. were just all wrong. I'm beginning to daydream about exercising again. We had fun, and I was actually the cool mom who packed pudding. I guess it was out of a guilty conscience from the day before.
(Thanks for the cute suits, Aunt Kendra)



Now, Jeremy and Sam are off on Sam's first mountain biking ride...I thought about packing a first aid kit for them, but knew Jeremy would leave it on the driveway. And we already had Frosties today, so there won't be any chocolate to give to Sam if he comes home with an owie. He'll just have to be a tough guy. See his tough guy face in the picture? So convincing.

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. i had no idea my toes were going to be used as the dining-outside barometer... regardless, we had fun!

    so many kids!

    thanks again for the invite and the chicken-whatchamacallit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very active week. I am loving the pic of Jeremy and Sam beside the car with the great big bike and the little bitty bike on top of the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great time at your house - thanks for braving the chaos! I love the sneaking-through-the-dairy-queen-drive-thru story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In picture 2 from the top, Samuel looks like the little table host. So cute. Gamma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture of the boys in their swimsuits. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.