Saturday, May 29, 2010

Griffith's Spring

Yesterday was our 10-year wedding anniversary. Last year, we watched our wedding video with the kids. A few weeks later, I was explaining the concept of an anniversary with Sam. I said, "Remember a few weeks ago when we watched that special video? What was that?" and Sam said, "Probably football." So this year, I decided not to get too sentimental and instead just enjoy the fruits of 10 years of marriage--spending the day with my best friend and 3 children.

For some reason, I like taking pictures of Jeremy and the boys from behind--the boys are so small next to Jeremy and they are always busy looking at the world together.
The boys are so excited about "clifts", so after Jeremy and the boys climbed down the rocky clift (and Annie and I went around the long way), we had a picnic lunch and played by the water. I encouraged the boys to put their feet in.


Evan, the boy who screamed when he got wet at Legoland and didn't want to play at the water park in Anthem said, "I need to go in. I need to take my clothes off. Now." I convinced him to leave his undies on.

So here is the fearless river explorer with Thomas the Tank Engine on his butt.

The boys played for so long! The stump was their volcano.

Jeremy and I took turns entertaining a non-walking, barefoot baby who wants to put everything in her mouth...not an easy task when there are pine needles, rocks, mud, and rushing water nearby.







I eventually put Annie down on the pine needles and she didn't seem to care.

This is my, "I was here, too!" self portrait.






Have I ever mentioned that we love Flagstaff?

4 comments:

  1. happy anniversary jeremy & kaci.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding, can't believe 10 years already, wow!!! Flagstaff looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great day! happy anniversary.

    you blog good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice day. beautiful place. i think i would love flagstaff too. happy anniv. you are very blessed and i am happy for you! 10 years is something to be proud of! ann marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.