Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Shall Write...and Post Pictures

I really haven't been specifically inspired to write on my blog lately, but in general, I want to keep it up and write on it more. I am not often a person who struggles with being depressed or blue, but I find that I get in these little weird funks that show I'm not feeling quite myself. When I'm struggling with pregnant hormones, I have a hard time answering the phone and returning phone calls but otherwise am okay. When I am feeling blue at other times, I don't want to wear cute clothes or do my hair, but I am still able to laugh and have the energy to get my stuff done. Often, the only sign that I am a little stressed or down is that I want to eat too much sugar, cheese, and chocolate. All that to say, I think I'm feeling a little off and not writing or posting pictures is how it's showing itself. Or it could also be that I am busy with my 3 kids, trying to stay in the clean club, co-leading MOPS and just keeping up with life!

So, here's what's been going on lately:

--MOPS is busy, good busy, but busy. Here's a couple pictures from recent meetings...



Men's Panel: Jeremy did good and made me proud and a little mad but mostly proud



Minute-To-Win-It Game=Fail and Very Messy Carpet, oops, sorry Chris (& Jane)


Quarter Auction=$300 and a sore throat





--The boys have invented a game called "Total Domination". It involves squealing, shouting, often bruising, and lots of manly outbursts of the phrase "Total Domination!" Annie and I snuggle on the couch and read books or play with shoes while this is happening.

--Gamma and Pa J came to visit. I think Gamma took all the pictures.

--The Valentine's Dinner that I wrote about was a success and a lot of money was made for our Mexico trip! And no one died of food poisoning that I know of!






Pizookie for dessert=yum!



Did I mention there was too much meat?







Please, do come in...to our creepy hallway


--Grandma came for a visit



--Annie and Evan were really sick for over a week. Here's how Annie looked for most of Grandma's visit:

--I'm trying to re-learn how to sew. Grandma gave me a lesson when she visited and I made a purse and shortened some pants. Here's a skirt I altered and then made a headband out of the leftover material:


--I went to Sam's class for his Valentine's Party. He has a long-term sub right now named Ms. Martha. We really like her! Sam gets to take something from the treasure box everyday, it seems...we call it treasure box inflation because it is beginning to lose its worth a little bit. But we're still proud!



--One of my good friends, Elisa, is moving to Phoenix soon :( She invited some friends to Sedona for her birthday...what a relaxing, fun, and delicious day.



--I got to go snowboarding with some friends from MOPS last week--so fun! My knees hardly hurt at all, so that was encouraging!

--We're planning a trip to Georgia for Jeremy's sister's wedding and to see the kids' only cousins in May...which will be fun but I will miss my last MOPS meeting and another big event :( But it will hopefully be fun!

--And basically, life is filled up with all the fun and busyness (and sickness) of the kiddos recently...here are some more pictures of that to enjoy. Nothing special, just the everyday stuff...but that's really my favorite stuff.
Driving tractors in the beans. Not pictured afterward=picking up the beans.





Annie loves her sippy cups. Pediatrician scolded mommy about the sippy cups. Mommy didn't listen very well.

Here's what happens when Sam gives Annie a "little snack."




A boy and his cars=A Love Story





Can you find Batman in the picture?



Here's my first try at a photo collage. It took me half the afternoon but here are the many faces of Annie and Evan. Notice that they are never BOTH smiling in the same picture because they are both stinkers. Click on it to see it bigger.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing all your pictures!!
    And I'm way curious to know why your pediatrician scolded you for sippy cups?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is cute! Let me know if you ever want a follow-up lesson. Now that Joann's is back open, I'm shifting out of obsessive knitting mode and into obsessive sewing mode! Also, I have some really great sewing books I could show you with lots of good beginners projects.

    I'm curious about the sippy cup scolding, as well. Anastasia's almost two and we still use sippy cups all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tripple that sippy cup curiosity... Ben is 6 and still uses one...I need more details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.