Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Recently...

Recently...

...we hiked Walnut Canyon (and Jeremy did his best to disobey all the rules)
...the kids took ice skating lessons (so fun!)

...Evan wanted to take his toy microphone into church and I let him only on the condition that he use it to interview people

...I decided I have a new motto in life: "Don't fight it, find the joy in it." So I've been trying to say yes more often and let go of my agenda a little. A little. One example is letting an afternoon of errands go longer than necessary so that the kids could do one of their favorite things in Flagstaff: climb on the rock wall that separates the parking lot at Target from Michaels. Don't ask me why they love it, I really don't understand, but we do it almost every time!

...we stopped on our way past Little America to partake in 50 cent ice cream cones and climb on the dinosaur.

...I enjoyed a mid-morning snack of cupcake tea and a spaghetti cookie, delivered right to the computer desk.

...I cooked dinner on my grandmother's old waffle iron (with her special recipe that was one of my favorite family traditions at her house) and (I think) my great-grandma's cast iron skillet. I felt so connected to the past!
...these two have become great friends and dressed up like prairie people.

...they didn't have plates on the prairie so they ate lunch in their cabin in front of the fire using muffin tins.

...we enjoyed a warm, pre-snow afternoon at the park.

...we did another of our favorite activities: leaving Annie at home--just kidding, we did "rolling down the hill". I like it as much as them!

...we had fun with my cell phone camera and the sunset. We never got the timing just right, but we did get one picture where Sam looks headless and he thought that was awesome!








...we went and saw the Lollipop Nutcracker--a shorter version of the nutcracker for kids. I shouldn't have told Evan that he would get a lollipop at the end because he asked me for it about every two minutes.


...we discovered our tickets were for the seats right next to my old college roommate (and dear friend) Amanda. I complained that the picture of me would look wrinkly and she suggested that in a few years, I would think it looked great comparatively speaking so I decided to stop complaining about wrinkly pictures because she makes a good point.
...Sam lost his first upper tooth on his first snow day ever (I got the nerve up to pull it out). When many adults mentioned that if he lost the other one, he could sing" All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth", he started really working on the other one that didn't seem very loose, and 3 days later, we pulled that one out, too!

(And he learned all the words to the song by himself and sang it in front of all the residents in a retirement home this weekend! So cute!)

1 comment:

  1. okay...darling post...and i am very curious about what the tooth fairy brought sam...i am quizzing all my mama friends...i dont know what the going rate is for teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.