Wednesday, October 29, 2014

We Went Camping

For a family that considers themselves a "camping family," we sure don't camp much.  But we went to the local mountains and got it done.  I can't even take credit for the idea or most of the planning, my friend Julie did that.  We had fun and didn't freeze.  The kids acted so in awe of the forest and every rock, stick, and tree...it was a little sad to think that they used to live right in the forest, basically, and now they don't remember.  Sigh.  We gotta get out there and do it more.  Oh, and since we've grown since the last time we camped, we need a new tent!  Luckily, our friends who planned the trip have all the camping gear one could possibly need, yet they prefer to sleep on real sheets and blankets in their SUV, so we got to use their tent.  It was super rugged.  Just kidding.







Acorns!

Our little tent city...sorry fellow campers a few feet away (Southern CA campgrounds pack 'em in tight).  We were a little loud.



Friends from the kids' school.  Love them!




That's about how I felt after the lack of sleep the night before due to worrying about having to get up to go pee and also worrying about the kids having to get up to go pee or worse, not getting up to go pee.

We are training Sam to be a back up photographer, so maybe in the future I will be in more photos.  It's okay if they keep being blurry because I look better that way.

So much joy sitting on a big rock.  Reminds us of our strength and frailty at the same time, I think.

When I was a kid, I loved getting dirty while camping. It's the one time when it's okay, it seems.  Looks like Annie had a great camping trip (she never took off her socks or shoes except to sleep--this dirt came through 2 pairs of socks and tennis shoes!  Success!)

Oh, and by the way, I am completely stinking at my Fall Resolutions.  That's why I am always wearing stretchy pants and being illogical and unloving to my kids.  :)  But for realses, I gotta buckle down!  (I already feel myself making the "it's the holidays" excuse.  Since when did Halloween get rolled up into the "holidays".  This is gonna be hard!)

1 comment:

  1. I love those dirty little feet and faces! Glad you had so much fun! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.