Monday, February 23, 2009

Alone Time

I packed the boys up to send to Phoenix with Jeremy this morning (they are headed to Tucson for Rodeo Week with their Gamma and Pa J) and now am relishing in my alone time. The only challenge for me when presented with this opportunity is not stressing out about what I am going to do to enjoy every possible second. I always have so many things I want to get done, including not doing anything. I have had a HORRIBLE earache and sinus problem all week and today was the first day I was feeling like myself. This morning I went to Starbucks to drink coffee and read.

As you can see, I was armed with my Bible, journal, and a book by the professor of Jeremy's and my class, Steve Tracy. I like the book because it deals with abuse from a very Biblical perspective...and the cover picture looks like me after I put my ear drops in 4 times a day for the last week. I had to drive the stick shift car to Starbucks because Jeremy took the Subaru to class today. I arrived in one piece but was a little apprehensive about the drive home the whole time I sat in Starbucks. I did have some stalling incidents--which feel worse than they actually are because the car has no shocks so it bounces up and down like crazy--like I have hydrolics and I am bopping along to some rap music. After Starbucks, I have been cleaning the kitchen...getting all the junk that I never have time for when the kids are around. On Wed., Jeremy and I are going to stay at a Pastor's retreat in Cottonwood (south of Sedona) and then we go on to Phoenix for our last classes Friday night and Saturday. I know the time is going to fly by...which is probably good because I will end up missing the kids by the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.