Friday, February 13, 2009

I Hate Sprinkles

Today we decided to make Sarah Warren's Sugar Cookies for Valentine's Day. Well, actually, I volunteered to bring cookies to our seminary class tomorrow, and being that it will actually BE Valentine's Day, I figured I had to go with the theme. Samuel wanted to help (well, Evan, too) so I tried to put him off long enough to get most of the real work done and then let him do what he wanted with the scraps at the end. Meanwhile, Evan threw cookie cutters around the room, succeeded in almost pulling my pants down while trying to climb up me to see the cookies, and got ahold of the sprinkles and sprinkled the kitchen floor while saying "Whee, eee" every time he did it. I can't say I was the best mom about it all--my stress was definitely high by the end and dinner became chicken nuggets instead of turkey burgers (too much mess still left to clean up...why am I wasting time writing this?) It's interesting to note the personality differences in Sam and Evan in the process--Sam asks for permission to do everything and generally obeys, though he acts like a puppy on a leash most of the time--pawing at me and crowding. Evan, on the other hand just ignores me and takes what he wants--and then looks at me like "What? I wanted that. You can't be mad at me because I am so cute." On a side note, Evan has begun saying "Hot dog" and it is so cute that I like to feed him hot dogs just to hear him say it. Well, now I have sprinkles ingrained in the bottom of my socks, which are filthy, and there are sprinkles all over the stovetop (which might be interesting if I turned the burners on), but I did manage to get two containers of cookies for tomorrow--one of mostly-intact hearts with a reasonable amount of sprinkles and one of grossly-laden-with-sprinkles hearts and X's and O's and W's (don't ask me why we made W's--Sam was just adamant that they went with Valentine's Day). Here's a couple pictures:

Next to the cookies in the second picture are the homemade Valentine's that Sam and I made for his friends--he was supposed to go to a Valentine's Day party on Tuesday, but it got cancelled because of the snow. Jeremy and I are off to seminary class tomorrow--thanks to Aunt Riah (Mariah) who is coming over at 5:30 am to get the boys ready and then take them to my friend Christy's for the rest of the day. Jeremy is off at a guys lock-in at church tonight and took Sam so I could clean up. But I am writing this instead. Oh well. By the way...I wrote most of this post 3 words at a time--I had to stop repeatedly to cock a machine gun for Evan to pretend to shoot me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! The difference in your boys kind of reminds me of the differences in our girls...although I don't remember that the older one acted like a "puppy on a leash." Anyway, my girls were cute and sweet...just as your boys are. Luv, Mom Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kaci,

    Sam is getting so big hope everything is going well for you?When will you find out what your having?Miss you,

    cousin Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.