Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sedona the Sequel & Kaci's First Seminary Class

My battery died on my camera and I can't find the charger, so no pictures today, but still news to report. Jeremy and I were planning to go to Phoenix on Saturday for his class together and on Wed. night, some friends offered us their timeshare in Sedona for Friday night. So, we packed up the kids and headed off to Sedona again. We stayed at a really nice place that had incredible views of the red rocks with storm clouds blowing in. The boys (and us) were the only ones actually in the pool--the breeze was very chilly...temperatures were probably in the 50's. Our friends, Jason and Mariah Rohr, came down and stayed with us. We had dinner at a yummy barbecue joint and walked around UPTOWN (Jeremy and I had a long "conversation" about whether it was called downtown or uptown...I won) and saw some live monkeys and colorful javalina statues.

At 5:00 am, we got up and loaded the kids into the car in their jammies and munched on Cinnamon Toast Crunch on the way to Phoenix (I have begun to buy sugar cereal--I swore I never would! But it's only for special treats, Mom). We watched the sun rise and met Grandma and Pa J (Jeremy's parents) at the seminary for them to take Sam and Evan on a day of fun in Phoenix. Jeremy and I really enjoyed class and even had lunch with the professor at Chipotle (yum!). It was so wonderful to be in that setting with Jeremy and get to talk to different people and be challenged about Biblical issues. I am excited for the next two sessions--the 14th and 28th of February. I even volunteered to bring cookies for the class next week. I guess I can just go ahead and say that the class is Biblical Sexuality...now everyone stop blushing already! It made me think a lot about how to handle these issues in our youth group and with our own kids when they get older. There were newlyweds (married 5 weeks) in front of us that were asking lots of questions--at one point the professor said, "Spoken like a true newlywed" to the husband...but he didn't seem too embarrassed.

The boys had fun with Grandma and Pa J--they went to a park and then on a narrated steamboat cruise on Canyon Lake. I was glad to hear they wore lifevests the whole time. We met back at Cheesecake Factory--delicious--and then headed home. Jeremy and I had such a good time talking about all sorts of things...all of us went to bed very tired but very content. We woke up this morning to fresh snow everywhere--how beautiful! Evan's nose is running profusely and is not fit for the nursery, so we are having a stay-at-home morning instead of going to church. I am excited to try a curry couscous recipe for lunch. After writing all of this, I feel like giving a happy sigh, so "sigh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.