Thursday, January 21, 2010

SNOW! (and a little Annie Lately)

I can't believe I took 68 pictures this morning. A lot were of the snow, but some were me just fooling around trying to learn more about my camera. Don't worry, I won't put them ALL on here.

So it's snowing. A lot. And I got all ready to be snowed in like last Friday and now, when it is actually happening, I'm kind of running low on things--like diapers! We'll figure out how to make do (actually that made me chuckle in a Chandler-from-friends kind of way..."make doo").

Speaking of making doo, the snow is inspiring me (and others who have called me for my oatmeal raisin cookie recipe) to bake. But I am running low on supplies, so I made my go-to recipe for when I am running low on supplies or energy or time: No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies! Sorry guys, the oatmeal just screams at me from the cupboard to bake it! Oh, but the making doo part--I didn't take a picture of them because they look like piles of doodoo.

So here's the latest scoop on Epic Snow Storm, day 4 (days 1,2, &3 consisted of moderate snow and then gorgeous sunshine that melted most of the snow, otherwise we might really be in a Little House on the Prairie snow situation here). But still, all activities were cancelled. Today, we woke up to this scene, and it is still going strong.



It feels like slow-motion drowning, except that our house is a scuba tank because we can breathe.

The boys have
1) woken me up too early (beleive me, you don't want to see a picture of that!)
2) built the best train track ever (good job Sam, for building it; good job Evan for not destroying it...yet; good job Annie for being cute)

3) built a fort

4) played outside
5) watched Finding Nemo (while digging for boogers)

6) made a craft (it really was an idea left over from Christmas that I never got to, but they don't really realize that Christmas is over anyway)
They are cinnamon applesauce ornaments--I guess they dry up really hard and last for a few years (and smell really good, too)
I used 1/2 cup cinnamon, 1/2 cup applesauce, a little glitter, and a little glue
Yep, the dough looks like doodoo, too.

The kids' favorite part was blowing the little piece of dough out of the straw after we used it to make a hole for the ribbon to go through.
A few friends have mentioned needing activities to do with their kids...here's a few other ones I have done recently. There are much better crafts on the internet, I just do the first thing that comes to mind and think about the mess later. Enjoy!
(Those were banana slices with peanut butter rolled in granola and mini chocolate chips) (That was shiving cream on cookie sheets for drawing and writing--can't promise it won't ruin your cookie sheets, but it didn't ruin mine!)
(Another idea is writing on the refrigerator with dry-erase markers...haven't done it yet, but probably will today!)

And last but not least, some "Annie Lately". Really enjoy!




Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics and the updates. Always great to get a glimpse of life at the Flagstaff Lundgren's. I miss all of you. Love Gamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey kaci ,
    we got snow too...can I get your oatmeal raisen cookie recipe please?hope you all are well...miss you when you gonna come down again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaving cream.., I totally forgot about that! I will have to pick some up at CVS the next time I'm out, if it ever stops raining here. And the cinnamon ornaments are SUCH a great idea! Thanks for sharing these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.