Saturday, January 23, 2010

Things I Learned in the Snow


Things I learned in the snow (not literally "in" for the most part, but the fact that I felt like I couldn't escape the snow all week justifies calling myself "in" it):

--A potato masher and soup ladle make good snow-carving tools. I prefer the potato masher.

--It is far more fun to build a snow-cave than to shovel, especially since the pile I was supposed to throw the snow onto was above my head and I never could quite master the art of getting the snow to leave the shovel at the right time.




--A good way to save money is not going to the store. Seems obvious, but still.

--If a trip to the store is necessary, I will prefer to do it from now on. This has to do with hydrogenated oil and high fructose corn syrup. I will say no more about this. Oh, except that somehow there is ice cream in the freezer, which was also not on the list.



--My favorite cake tastes even better with butterscotch chips on top.


--My favorite cake does not feel so good after eating too much of it while watching Conan O'Brien on the internet.

--There's such a thing as too much snow for sledding.


--Our cinnamon applesauce ornaments appear to be edible, thanks to a 2-year-old named Claire. I'm still looking for the sticky mess where she had to have spit it out, but it really seems like she CONSUMED it. Glitter and all. (Sorry, Brooke)


--I like watching Jeremy shovel. That's why I made HIM a chocolate cake, I promise.


--I am thankful I am just stuck in the snow not in earthquake rubble (Haiti) or clay-mud (the reservation).

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.