Friday, April 30, 2010

Potty-Training, Bad Dinosaurs, and Bragging


Potty training is going on at our house. "Potty Training in One Day" says to have your child practice checking for wet/dry underwear on a doll, so poor Elmo and Koala Bear (known as Panda) had to suffice. That's the closest these boys come to dolls. Both animals have their underwear on backwards. There's only so much I can control. Take note of the pile of dirty pants and underwear in the background and you will know how well potty-training is going.

In an effort to cut down on the dirty laundry, I made Evan go bottomless for a day. He liked it too much. I kept finding him in places like this:


And like this:


which strike fear into the heart of a mother. Thankfully, he had no accidents, just probably was constipated by the end of the day.

We played Superheroes Fighting Bad Guys that day. Here's my attempt at a self-portrait with the timer:
We were named Master, Super, Captain Bottom, and Kitty. You can guess who Captain Bottom was.

We went to a Kite Festival (Festible, says Sam) last weekend. Here is a picture showing classic First Child and Second Child responses to my request to pose for the picture:

The boys got their faces painted. The good-natured volunteer with the least amount of experience (and the shortest line) tried to divert the boys to the "expert" (with a longer line) when she heard my boys' requests for a "Bad Dinosaur" face paint, but I said, "Oh no, I'm sure you will do fine" and shoved the boys toward her.

This is what we got:



But the boys were appreciative and loved them and got right into character. I love their imaginations!

Who are all these kids playing with a giant Connect 4 game?


Watch out, Sam!

Here's my creative kids playing skateboard/surfboard with a fabric bolt (their idea):

And Sam, with some of his original designs:



Okay, I've bragged enough about their talents for one post. I will refrain from bragging about their crazy swimming skills. I'll save that for the lifeguards at the Aquaplex (yes, I was THAT mom the other day. Thanks for being a good sport, nice young guy with the shaved head).

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooo not looking forward to potty training! I've actually been putting it off since we had Gracen. Kaden is showing all the signs, but Mommy isn't ready. Is that bad? :) May proves to have very little going on...maybe we'll try soon!

    That is the coolest Connect Four game I have ever seen!!! I want one! :) Your kids are adorable! They are all getting sooo big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such clever creative kids and lots of fun too. I used that same book for potty training a few of my kids. Did I tell you about it or did you hear about it from someone else? Great pics, I felt "in the moment". Gamma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.