Wednesday, June 24, 2015

CA Adventure With Evan

A fun perk of living in Southern California is that both boys have gotten a free ticket to Disneyland, just by attending a concert for 2nd graders.  I took Sam to California Adventure as my Mother's day present two years ago, and I decided to do the same with Evan.  (And promised that someone would take Annie to CA adventure in two years or so).  



We opened the day with California Screamin' (after dragging Evan around to get the appropriate fast passes for later attractions, of course.  He was a good sport).







Evan wasn't sure how he felt about The Tower of Terror, but I convinced him to give it a try.  Turns out he was more terrorized by the"It's Tough to Be a Bug" 4-D show.


We went twice!


We ran around doing lots of attractions and then when we needed a break, we visited the Sorcerer's Workshop and went to Turtle Talk With Crush (so cute, I still don't get how they pull that one off) and an animation workshop.
We got to learn to draw Jack Skellington.
I am a sucker for the "Which Disney Character Is Most Like You" quiz like I used to be for the Seventeen Magazine quizzes when I was thirteen, even though there are only like 3 questions.  It's totally accurate.  Evan got Mufasa andCaptain Hook and I got Alice In Wonderland so I stopped because she's second best to Rapunzel and I didn't want to push my luck.


Evan is a sucker for furry little creatures, so Chip and Dale became our faves for the day, as you will see later (thanks for the spending money, Dad!)

We love love love the UP themed Adventure trail place...so sweet and Evan was the perfect age to get into earning the Wilderness Explorer Badge with Russell.
Except he really was bothered that Kevin the bird snuck his head out that dark window.  He was still bothered by it hours later (don't ask me, I don't know).

I found myself thinking a lot about all our youth group trips to Disneyland from Flagstaff over the years.  And then who do I see in the crowd but Kimmi Barton, who probably enthusiastically attended every one of said trips!  It's a small world after all!

Here is where the spending money was spent:

One more California Screamin' ride and about 3 more Goofy's flying school rides later...

...we settled in to watch World of Color and enjoy our last hour in the park together, planning Evan's birthday party and playing "I Spy" as the sun set and the lights turned on.







Thanks for spending the day with me, Evan!  I love you and your cute fuzzy self!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.