Thursday, June 25, 2015

End of the School Year Craziness


The last week of school was sooo busy!  Annie had a fairy tale ball at school with all the kindergartners.  She got to take Jeremy, her king :)  She fell on her face hours before while trying to do a big bike jump at the dry lake bed, so her smile is a little puffy, but she was beautiful!
















End of the year class parties--I went to Tri-City park with Sam's class, then went to Annie's class luau, then back to Sam's class to lead crazy games for 90 minutes so  I could be bossy and feel like a teacher again his teacher could get some work done.  Evan was just, well the middle child.  He'll be fine.




End-of-the-Year teacher gifts (found the chalkboards at a thrift store for less than fifty cents each, so...


(the theme of Evan's teacher's class (cuz they have themes these days) was "bears" hence the pun, guys)





We invited Sam's class (35 ten-year-olds! Yikes!) over for a pool party after school on Friday and it was of course all June Gloom-y (that's really a thing here) and drizzly, but they had fun anyway (and thankfully, all 35 didn't come). I panicked (which is never good before a party and always happens to me anyway) and panicking leads to an inability to edit myself and an intense desire to buy more supplies.  So...I bought 35 pool noodles right before the party.  And stuff like that.  But I did have them build rafts and race across the pool because come'on, they're GATE.



My sweet mom made sloppy joes and volunteered to be the eyes on the pool (someone else would have to jump in and be the one to perform CPR (yes, I was googling that at midnight the night before)) but she would alert me if needed.  Thankfully, it wasn't needed.  It's been a loooong time since I did CPR.






A couple of these girls have been in Sam's class all 3 years we've been at Golden.  I just really like them.  I hope Sam stays in touch with them somehow, like they all promised they would.  I mean, these kids do have email these days, so it's possible!

I loved seeing these (now) 5th-grade girls build a house out of cardboard and play house.  Still haven't lost their imaginations or freedom to be kids, yay!
And, what would the beginning of summer be without summer haircuts, yay!  (And loud growling/animal noises, of course)

P.S. I made a video of Sam's class for Sam's teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.