Monday, January 26, 2009

Goodbye and a Haircut


On Saturday, I had a little goodbye party/baby shower for my friend, Yuuri, who is headed back to Japan with her husband and 2 boys after living here for a year. We met at MOPS and really enjoyed getting to know each other. She thinks Americans are friendly, but our food is too salty/sweet/rich...too much of everything. That's what the Kazakhs thought of our food, too--no wonder so many Americans overindulge! It was really a sweet time together and I'm glad it worked out.

Today I gave Evan his first haircut...he was in dire need of one! His wispy old man hair was turning into a bird's nest. Here is a before picture:


And here is the after picture:

He was pretty patient about it--I cut it with scissors. I think he looks cute now! So grown up! I guess I am not very sentimental--I didn't save any of it...that seems a little weird to me. Sorry if that disappoints his future wife.

Here's a picture of my new haircut--taken at a friend's birthday party on Sunday. Oh, and it was my first day wearing a maternity shirt. Getting dressed is becoming unfun.

1 comment:

  1. I want this picture of us. Also, I didn't realize that that was Evan's 1st haircut of his life. Anyway, I've enjoyed looking at your blog. It maybe has insprired me to one day do one...maybe. christy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.