Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stuff

Well, we just finished watching the Cardinals win a spot in the Super Bowl! I wasn't even a fan before this year, but I think I would have cried if I was there live...it was exciting! And, I think it's awesome that God has allowed Kurt Warner to be in the spotlight. Watching football and eating Oreos and Doritos is somehow exhausting, so now I am counting down the minutes till bedtime. On another note, here are some things I learned today...

1) Diet Coke eats the finish off of oak desks. Even flat Diet Coke that was wiped up immediately. Sigh...

2) Samuel is not afraid of this:


3) But he IS afraid of this:


The first is a new movie that kept being advertised during the football game and Sam was spellbound. The second was...well, the obviously horrifying "Anne of Green Gables." I tried to get Sam to watch it with me and he kept covering his eyes with a blanket and saying it was scary. I guess vampires and werewolves from an ancient civilization are no match for plump gossipy old ladies and a frazzled mother of preschoolers (Mrs. Hammond--the one with 3 sets of twins that Anne works for in the beginning of the movie). Shame on me for potentially scarring my 4-year-old with scenes from Prince Edward Island.

On a movie note--we watched "Enchanted" and "Click" this weekend (I know, too many movies but it is hard to get off the couch lately!). Both were surprisingly enjoyable!

1 comment:

  1. I guess you will have to break him into "Anne of Green Gables" slowly. How funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.