Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Too Impatient and Sleep-deprived to be Clever

Well, the title says it all...no wittiness from me today, just the latest news. It's hard to be witty when you feel like this because this is who slept in your bed the night before(well, not much sleeping took place because Evan was barking like a seal and wheezing all night).

The first topic is that I am super impatient to have this baby and get on with life--but then I get stressed out because there is too much to do before she comes! Like deciding on her middle name (please no suggestions, though). The last few days went by fast, which is good--my mom came for a visit and we were busy the whole time. We went to the 4th of July parade together and met up with some MOPS friends. Here is a picture of us there while we were still nice people.
As the parade progressed, the people behind us purposefully sent their kids (big kids) to stand in front of our kids and get all the candy and block our view. The mother bear in me came out, and the grandmother tiger came out in my mom as we kept asking them to sit down or move over and their parents kept telling them to go back and stand in front. I can feel my blood pressure rising even as I write this...I have such territorial parade/public event stress about saving seats or being cut in front of--it goes back to my Disneyland days when people would come 2 minutes before Fantasmic! would start and try to sit on the laps of total strangers who had patiently saved seats for 4 hours and then threaten to punch me when I asked them to move or told them there wasn't room. The boys had fun and didn't seem to notice, and that's all that matters (so I say).

Later, Sam wasn't feeling well, but he and I had our hearts set on watching fireworks. Both shows started late and the weather didn't look great, but I couldn't bring myself to say we weren't going to watch fireworks. I must be reaching some point of maturity, because I didn't drag everyone out...Sam cried a little when I told him we weren't going, but then I THANKFULLY remembered the pop rocks he had gotten at a birthday party the week before. We did "fireworks" on the patio and then watched the fireworks show on PBS...Samuel could hardly keep his eyes open, so it's a good thing we didn't drive to the live fireworks.

My friends from MOPS had a shower for me on Monday night--it was really sweet and I felt loved. My friend, Keri, hosted it and used Mary Engelbreit as the theme...it was cute!

One of the activities was a Mary Engelbreit coloring contest--I couldn't believe that the ladies actually got into it (I think they'll play any shower game because they are happy to be having girl time without their kids, eating tasty treats).

I found myself asking a lot of them their labor stories because I am realizing that I don't know what it's like to go into labor naturally, since I was induced with both boys. My friend Mariah was there, and she was listening intently, too, because I have asked her to be with me for the delivery. I hope she wasn't freaked out! Here is a picture of me with my friend, Sarah, who is due a few days after me.
This is one of the few pictures you will see of me pregnant because I keep deleting them because I don't like them. Sam actually just came up to me with his toy camera, saying "Cheese" and I found myself feeling self-conscious.
I sure enjoy watching moments like this when my mom is visiting:
If you notice the title of the book, it is "Baby Makes Five." She got it for the boys and they read it many times...and everytime I heard her read the part about the baby "always pooping, crying, needing to be held" etc. I found myself feeling a little less impatient for the delivery. But just a little.

Now, I think I will go make No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies, because if you have been reading my blog for any amount of time, you have learned that chocolate makes everyone feel better...especially grouchy mommies.
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear the news even if it's not cleverly worded! :) The shower looks like it was lots of fun - yay for all things girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so totally love your blog. You are hysterical. And I am sad I don't live around you because I think I would never stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed the shower, Daniel had to work late, but it looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so weird, I just totally stumbled upon your blog - this is Kirsten (seim...hope you remember me) writing...I'm so glad you have a blog I can follow! After seeing your mom recently and seeing pictures of your adorable boys, I've been wondering if you've had that baby yet!
    Hugs to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.