Sunday, July 19, 2009

Swimsuits and Octopuses

We went to one garage sale on Sat., just to say hi to friends, and I STILL didn't manange to get out of there without spending any money. But hey, everything was 25 cents, so I didn't spend much. I got this funny swimsuit for Evan--I thought he might balk at wearing it, so I told him it was his superhero outfit (they've been watching The Incredibles a lot lately) and so he proudly wears it and shows his muscles.
The boys played in their pool for a while this morning and my friend, Brooke, brought us some homemade cinnamon rolls...mmmmm!

(This picture makes the event look a lot more relaxing for me than it actually was--there was a lot of yelling "Sam!" "Evan!" "No!" from my chair in the shade.)

Uncle Jack (Jeremy's brother) showed up and the boys had a lot of fun playing with him. Here they are with their new Army guy stuff (another purchase at the garage sale).


The big headliner for dinner tonight was these spaghetti "octopuses" that 2 friends posted on their blogs this week. You thread uncooked spaghetti noodles through pieces of hot dog and boil them until cooked.
I love that I put whole wheat organic pasta into...hot dogs--what an oxymoron. Sam wasn't too sure about them, but Evan gobbled his up (well, mostly the hot dog parts).

I actually made the octopuses tonight because I made chicken/broccoli alfredo for the grown-ups and didn't think the boys would like it (because they never like the real food I cook), but then they came and joined us at the table and had some. Evan had 4 servings, and both of them were like, "Mmmmm, this is SOOOO good. Oh, mom, you made a GOOD dinner. YUMMY!" It was ridiculous--just like the scene in the movie What About Bob.
I think they were just putting on a show for Uncle Jack--we'll see how leftovers go today.

And here are goodnight kisses for Baby Annie!

.
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kaci,
    You'll be kept close in prayers over these next few weeks. I can't wait to see your first post after Annie's arrival! (what a sweet name btw)

    Rashelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good day you guys shared yesterday. I feel like I was there. I am going to re-read it now. Love Gamma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are the cutest things EVER...they are going to love that baby sister to pieces :)

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie! Great name! It's just perfect. Can't wait to hear of her arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kaci,

    Just wanted to say how much I love the blogs and appreciate the effort it takes to keep it up. You do such a good job. I ohh and ahh, smile a lot, often laugh, and ocassionally tear up. as I read them and enjoy the pictures. It's such a wonderful gift. Thanks a million :)

    Gamma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Due to lots of spam comments, your comment will be moderated before it is published.